Mom: Breast cancer and heart disease survivor, mother of 6, wife, Grandma, and always an Italian mama
Allie: 20 year old daughter, college junior, photographer extraordinaire. Creative and beautiful (her Mama says so!)
I found this little snippet somewhere titled "Southern Traditions" and was struck by how much it reminded me of how I was raised in our Italian household- so I "edited" it just a tiny bit. I believe these traditions should be kept alive- graciousness and kindness never go out of style
1) Setting a table with real cloth napkins
2) Writing thank you notes
3) Saying sir or ma'am (I LOVE this in the South!)
4) Giving a stranger a helping hand
5) Sitting on the porch and rocking for a spell
6) Slow cooking all day long
7) Setting out the cheese straws and sweet tea for company (or espresso and biscotti)
8) Canning, quilting, or crocheting- our grandmothers did them to make do, but we can do them to make a home
9) Pearls go with everything!
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir
The bridge of friendship between woman from different backgrounds is endless when compassion is involved...
We are happy to share our family history, pictures and recipes with you, but please do not copy without permission.
You are welcome to link back or reproduce as long as you provide proper author recognition and post a hyperlink to Bramasole...to yearn for the sun.. blog. Thank you and please visit us often!
Follow Bramasole on Facebook for previews and lots of cooking and decor tips. Become a fan!
Copyright 2010. All recipes, text, design and artwork on this blog are the property of Bramasole....to yearn for the sun. All rights reserved. Please do not copy, reproduce, or use without permission. Thank you.