myTaste.com
ll Cibo é L'essenza Della Vita....

"The rooms that you use on a daily basis are the rooms people will always want to sit in, because they have soul." --Bunny Williams

“VIVERE SENZA RIMPIANTI” LIVE WITHOUT REGRETS

"If you want to live forever and ever, drink wine and eat maccheroni." ~~~Sicilian Proverb

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Spring! It's Tablescape time!


            Can you believe it's Thursday already?? That means it's Tablescape time! We will be linking up to Tablescape Thursday at Susan's place, Between Naps on the Porch. Stroll on over and be inspired!
   This week has been a bit hectic, to say the very least. It started on Monday with having to perform CPR on someone (PLEASE be sure to get certified in CPR- it's not difficult and you could save a life!). Tuesday and Wednesday have both been "one of those days". 

Are they allowed to happen back to back? 

They shouldn't be.

Today's table is set for a dessert and cappuchino meeting I have planned with a couple of potential clients. The sunshine and warmth of the last two days were the long-awaited reminder that Spring IS coming


This little guy was alone and lonely at a local gift shop. Nobody wanted him because his "cover" was missing. We gave him a new purpose in holding the silver today and doesn't he look happy now?


These shallow bowls will be perfect for today's offerings


This was a gift from a friend who "gets" me. My husband wanted to know how many people have an asparagus tureen for sauces. I think everyone should!


a little peek at the cake stand. Isn't he cute hiding in the flowers?


This cake plate was also a gift- and look how perfectly it goes with the bowls!


We had a hummingbird that used to live under our deck when we lived in NY. This pitcher always reminds me of him


I had to sneak around and get a peek at the other side


A vintage linen cloth seems right for a Spring table


I love tea napkins and the work in these amazes me


The cappuchino will be served on the coffee table on another vintage cloth. Hmmm, this one needs pressing


Biscotti are a staple here and perfect with espresso. These are drizzled with a Spring-y pink chocolate. Since cappuchino doesn't require cream, the creamer does double duty as a  server for chocolate


My Nonna's sterling espresso spoons


Ready for our meeting....


A lemon blueberry tea bread is served with a blend of lemon curd and creme fraiche 


Nothing says Spring like citrus and fresh berries


A tropical fruit pudding is a reminder of warm days and sunshine breezes


Happy Spring!!
(off to iron that cloth!)



     The tea bread is a wonderful recipe from Marie at the English Kitchen. I adapted it today based on what I had in the house- no time for the market! :)

Lemon Blueberry Tea Bread


6 ounces of butter softened
2 TBS of lemon curd
3 large eggs
the zest of one orange
1 cup raising flour
3/4 cup turbinado sugar   
6 oz. of blueberries
For the streusel:
1/4 cup of  flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
2 tablespoons2 ounce soft butter
For the glaze:
I mixed some confectioner's sugar with a bit of hot water and fresh lemon juice
To serve:
lemon curd
creme fraiche
Pre-heat the oven to 325*F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Line it with a long strip of parchment paper, for ease in lifting out. Butter the parchment.
Make the streusel by rubbing all the streusel ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
Place all the cake ingredients, except for the blueberries into a mixing bowl. Beat well until thorougly combined and smooth. Spoon half of this into the prepared loaf tin. Sprinkle the blueberries over top and then cover with the remaining half of the batter.
Sprinkle the streusel evenly over top.
Bake in the heated oven for 1 hour and 15 to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean and the cake is well risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool in the pan before lifting out onto a wire rack.
Make the glaze by whisking together the lemon juice, water and the sugar. Drizzle this over top of the cake.
Serve in slices with some  lemon curd  creme fraiche whisked together if desired.


Be sure to join us tomorrow night for Foodie Friday at Gollum's- and make sure you come with an appetite!


As Always,

Buon Alimento, Buon Amici,

Pattie and Allie

29 comments:

  1. Just a beautiful presentation for you clients. I love how you used the little bunny for the silver and I love the asparagus tureen. I was eyeing a pretty chair in the background. I do wish you would show your home sometime. Those recipes look delish as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love showing this blog to my hubby. He finally realizes that there are many other holiday obsessed people in this world. :)
    I say "birds of a feather.........."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pattie,
    I hope everything is okay with you having to do CPR (it is very stressful) and the person who received it. Gosh, that was a tough day.

    I love love love your tablescape. They are the cutest dishes! Perfect for spring.
    I also was happily waiting to see what lovely desert your were going to share! Yum...the tea bread looks delicious!
    Wishing you a relaxing weekend!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely setting. Your Spring dishes are just wonderful. I love them all. I am so glad you rescured the little bunny, he is precious. Your asparagus tureen, the cake stand and the pitcher are all fabulous. This is such a lovely presentation. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Love your spring tablescape. Hope you'll link it up over at the new TMS Show and Tell too! Here's the link if you'd like to play :-)

    http://tmschallenges.blogspot.com/2010/03/show-and-tell-meals-and-menus.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! I especially like the bunny w/ the broken top & the pitcher & cake stand. Also, that wooden tray is gorgeous. Good luck getting the clients!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy place to be! Your dishware is beautiful! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring Spring Spring. I love your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! I loved the tablecloth as a base for all of the pastel colors...it is beautiful.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pattie, it is delightful! I think this is a very charming tablescape, and I love all of your little touches. You're right, the bunny looks happy, and the flowers are lovely. And your friend... she does get you, and I do, too! I also think that everyone should have an asparagus turreen. Love it much! This tablescape made me very happy!

    Speaking of which...

    Happy Tablescape Thursday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a beautiful presentation -- be still my heart with the pink and green (my colors!) I agree about the asparagus tureen - I NEED one! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pattie, Love Love Love the cute bunnies on your table...The cake stand, Your asparagus tureen and the pitcher are all fabulous.
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful Spring colors. Your husband has gotten you some wonderful things.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you for helping someone! I hope they are okay.
    Your table is so beautiful. Pretty dishes, lovely tureen, crisp linens and the lemon blueberry tea bread sound scrumptious!

    What are the pretty flowers in that darling pitcher? They look so pretty (sorry for using pretty so much, but I just keep saying in my head, Oh- that's so pretty!!!!!)

    Your clients must be thrilled!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. This makes me smile and now I am really hungry. YOu always make the best dishes,Yum,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so ready for spring, and your beautiful tablescape just fits the bill. Everything is gorgeous, and goes together so well. The food looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pattie- Such a pretty tablescape! I love the cloth with the lace edging---it's gorgeous. Tell your husband you have a bloggie friend who has 5 asparagus tureens!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ciao!!! quanti splendidi oggetti!!! complimenti!! e che delizie!!un abbraccio!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with that pitcher! Your home looks so beautiful. You iron too! Ahhhh! Every Tuesday I iron clothes all day. Your lines are so adorable!

    I was peeking(stalking) around your blog. You do such a wonderful job. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very lovely collection of dishes making a wonderful tablescape. And everyone needs lots of asparagus! It's good for you.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Pattie! I really do have 5! I bought the first one about 35 yrs. ago at a thrift shop and have bought the other ones in different places over the years. I've seen so many of them that I've passed up and always regretted it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Pattie, Such a pretty table I love tha pansy dishes and specially the petal cake plate. Oh, be still my heart. I could do amazing things with that piece!
    Congrats on winning the copper pan from Gollum. You beat me out but I'm glad that it want to you. No one is more deserving, enjoy it!
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your spring table is lovely to look at. You've pulled the various elements together and your tea bread sounds delicious. What would be a hodgepodge in the hands of others is made beautiful by yours. Have a wonderful day...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just so exquisite. I want to come over and enjoy this delightful tea. I just love your bunnies, flower plates and the asparagus dishes - they are all divine. Thanks so much for sharing, and if you have a chance please come by and say hello. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely! What pretty colorful pieces you have..you are all ready for Easter!
    And the food looks delicious. I had lunch with some ladies I retired with yesterday..Little Italian place. Just blah..the piccata had no taste..but the one who picked the place doesn't cook..so I should have known better!
    I would have loved a dish of your veal!
    Thanks so much for the kind offer on the dolls..I don't know that my sis is looking to do more than what she does locally, but I do appreciate your offer!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I forgot to day congrats on the copper pan! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This beautiful tablesetting just makes my ♥ sing for Spring! What lovely gifts you've been given...shows that you are much loved.

    I clicked on every single picture to enlarge it so I could appreciate all the spectacular details. Luscious fabrics & TDF dishes. I'm envious!

    Congrats on winning the copper pan, too. Isn't it fun?

    Thanks for visiting,
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything is absolutely gorgeous and I love your recipes. You have an amazing blog and I love your Italy travel pictures b/c next year I'm going to Venice for a vacation.

    thanks for sharing and visiting......Erica

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG! I am so trying to play catch-up! We have been swamped here. Girls, this whole table and recipes are to die for! Everything looks beyond fantastic!!

    Those gorgeous dishes, pitcher and cake stand...Oh man,myabe it isn't green for envy I have going but, just green for St. Patty's Day. LOL

    I swear, you really need to put a cookbook together! Honestly. I would so be first in line to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments and it's a great way to lead us to your home! Thanks for visiting!